Saturday, July 30, 2011

"I want to get blueberry wasted!"

Hey everyone! So, I didn't write an entry yesterday because I was doing TONS of canning at my mom's house. It was so much fun!

We went blueberry picking on Thursday and ended up getting 9 lbs. of blueberries! It only took us about 1 hour to pick them all.

Sorry. Crappy cell phone pic.
So I got to my mom's house early yesterday morning and we started right in. We ended up making Spiced Blueberry Jam and Blueberry Lime Jam. They are delicious! We are probably going to go back and get more blueberry towards the end of next month when we pick peaches. Then we will be able to make even more jam. In a couple weeks we will be working on making the Zucchini Relish and Zucchini Pickles. Yum!


Ma mashing the blueberries.

Me spooning the jam into the jars.
The final product!


Other than the canning not much going on. We are doing a bunch of chores today. How exciting. Going to the farmer's market down the street and getting a ton of fresh veggies. Love it!

On the diet front, I have lost 1 pound. That's not bad. Wish it was a little more, but I will take what I can!

Well, I'm off to run errands! Have a great weekend, everyone, and eat fresh veggies!! :)

~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment