Thursday, August 4, 2011

Zucchini Relish and Squished Tomatoes

It's been quite a busy week...First off, I've been doing a bunch of things to get ready for starting work on Monday. I'm excited but also very nervous. Good news is, they had more hours come up and were able to hire me so that I would be eligible for health benefits. So as of September 1st, I can actually go to a doctor if need be. :)

This past weekend, Mike and I visited his family and went out to eat with them. His dad asked us if we wanted to go see a movie so we said we would. His dad didn't know what movie he wanted to see so he said he was going to go on the computer and look up movies on "Squished Tomatoes" (rottentomatoes.com). He was then stuck between Cowboys & Aliens and Crazy, Stupid, Love. We got to the movie theater and he asked the lady behind the ticket booth which one was doing better, and then we got our tickets to Cowboys & Aliens. It was a fairly good movie and we had a fun time.

Monday, I went to Ma's and we did the zucchini relish. It was a lot more work than the jams we did the week before, but it came out just as delicious.




Then Yesterday, we worked on the zucchini bread and butter pickles...Haven't tried them yet because they have to set for a few days. But they smelled delicious.

We then brought all the jars to the basement to our temporary storage for the canned goods. We are going to be cleaning off a floor to ceiling shelf that's probably about 10 ft. long and using that eventually, but for now this is what we have:

In other news, I haven't gained any weight, but I haven't lost any either. I have to step up my game here. Today I am doing a lot of cooking since it is my last day really before I start the new job, that I don't have appointments and whatnot. So, today I am making homemade bread and biscuits, a couple batches of pizza dough for the freezer, homemade pasta sauce to freeze, and some hummus for the week. Plus, I am going to work on getting my herbs dried. Then I'm off to do errands.....it's going to be a busy day.. :)

Talk to you all soon!



~Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment