Friday, September 2, 2011

Thar She Blows!

As of today, Mike and I are only 3 weeks away from total, complete chaos. 3 weeks from today is our rehearsal dinner. 3 weeks from tomorrow is our wedding. And lastly, 3 weeks from Sunday we will be on a plane heading to sunny FL on our honeymoon. Why do I still have so much crap to do?!

Not too much going on recently besides wedding planning. Oh, except Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene. That was fun. We lost power for 40 hours. Which, I guess I can't complain too much, cause some people still don't have power. But you know what? I am going to complain. It sucked. Big time. All I wanted was to take a nice warm shower, and clean my work uniforms, but nooooooooo. Irene had other plans.

Eh, that was about all I could come up with for complaining since the power is back. If I had written this while the power was out, it may have been a different story. We decided to go out like 5 minutes after the power went out cause we were already bored. We went to Target to get a battery operated radio. Got there and found one and then got ready to leave. As we walked towards the front door after paying, the power went out and massive gusts of wind and rain were flying by the door. At this point we were thinking that maybe it was a bad idea that we had gone out. So, we start running towards the car (which was only like 3 spots away from the door) and by the time we got there, we were both drenched.

We get home, Mike unwraps the radio and pulls out the directions. "Only clock operates with battery power. No other functions operate." Are you freaking kidding me?! So, I went down to my car once the winds died down to call family to give an update. 5 minutes later Mike comes down and says "I'm going to Walmart to get a real battery powered radio, some board games and beer. I can't deal with this anymore." And he did. We set up the radio when he got back and cracked open a cold one while listening to classic country. Then a couple of our friends came over with some amazing cheesecake and it ended up being a pretty awesome night despite having no power.

That's pretty much been the extent of my week. I'm still not caught up on sleep from having to listen to two of the loudest "quiet motor" battery operated fish tank pumps ever in existence. It was fantastic.

~Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment